$28 to $42 Hourly
Why Work Here?
“Great Salary, Benefits, Employee Valued Environment, Signing Bonus, and Growth Potential”
Coastal Fire and Integration Systems is looking for an experienced CAD designer knowledgeable in fire alarm design.
- Become part of a growing firm with a reputation for excellence in the industry.
- Work in an environment of open communication, continued learning, innovative thinking, and collaboration.
- We offer Outstanding Wages, Benefits and Career Growth.
The ideal candidate must:
- Possess a working knowledge of low voltage communications systems.
- Demonstrate competency in advanced fire alarm design. (High-rise, Smoke control, Voice, etc)
- Possess proficient knowledge in current codes such as NFPA, IBC, and the principles and practices of fire protection engineering.
- Be professionally licensed or certified for area of expertise, such as NICET or with equivalent experience.
- Be proficient in AutoCAD software to ensure efficient and accurate production of shop drawings and as-builts, along with Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Have experience preparing and writing reports detailing specific fire protection issues.
- Have proficient knowledge of the product lines Kidde, EST, and Notifier.
- Possess good communication and analytic skills.
- Reads and interprets construction documents that include drawings, specifications and contracts and actively participates with pre-planning the overall fire protection system design.
- Designs and lays out fire protection systems for complex buildings utilizing a CAD based software. Adheres to NFPA, local andother national codes as appropriate.
- Prepare permit level design drawings, specifications, voltage drop calculations, and analyses of fire protection systems.
- Identifies corrective measures, including design solutions.
- Conduct technical research and provides documentation of alternative methods and equivalencies.
- Supports the team with technical information as needed.
- Participate in project meetings with clients andother professionals at various office, field, and construction sites.
- Ability to manage multiple design projects simultaneously depending on complexity of scope.
- Submit/Deliver/Pick-up plans to/from the city, job site or client’s office, as necessary;
- Coordinate plan status with the plan checker.
- The comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position may be in excess of what is listed herein. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
This position requires visual acuity and listening ability. Individuals must have the dexterity to be able to operate office and field equipment such as computer, printer, fax, copier, telephone, voice mail system, and other office and field equipment.
We will conduct background and drug test, valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
Coastal Fire and Integration Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite all qualified applicants to apply including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.