Medical, Dental, Paid Vacation
Why Work Here?
“Great Salary, Benefits, Employee Valued Environment, Signing Bonus, and Growth Potential”
- Become part of a growing firm with a reputation for excellence in the industry.
- Work in an environment of open communication, continued learning, innovative thinking, and collaboration.
- We offer Outstanding Wages, Benefits and Career Growth.
The ideal candidate must:
- Possess a working knowledge of low voltage communications systems.
- Demonstrate competency in advanced fire alarm design. (High-rise, Smoke control, Voice, Etc.)
- Possess proficient knowledge in current codes such as NFPA, IBC, and the principles and practices of fire protection engineering.
- Be professionally licensed or certified for area of expertise, such as NICET or with equivalent experience.
- Be proficient in AutoCAD software to ensure efficient and accurate production of shop drawings and as-builts, along with Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Have experience preparing and writing reports detailing specific fire protection issues.
- Have proficient knowledge of the product lines Kidde, EST, and Notifier.
- Possess good communication and analytic skills.
- Reliability, dependability, and flexibility
- Reads and interprets construction documents that include drawings, specifications and contracts and actively participates with pre-planning the overall fire protection system design.
- Designs and lays out fire protection systems for complex buildings utilizing a CAD based software. Adheres to NFPA, local and other national codes as appropriate.
- Prepare permit level design drawings, specifications, voltage drop calculations, and analyses of fire protection systems.
- Identifies corrective measures, including design solutions.
- Conduct technical research and provides documentation of alternative methods and equivalencies.
- Supports the team with technical information as needed.
- Participate in project meetings with clients and other professionals at various office, field, and construction sites. These meetings can be in person or via conference call.
- Ability to manage multiple design projects simultaneously depending on complexity of scope.
- Submit/Deliver/Pick-up plans to/from the city, job site or client’s office, as necessary;
- Coordinate plan status with the plan checker.
- Create and maintain all Incentive Based Pay worksheets for field use
- Create and maintain material lists for field use
- Assist project manager in regards to job specific items, including but not limited to reviewing bulleting changes, answering job specific questions via email or phone.
- Assist with project document control, including but not limited to, plans, permits, submittals, RFI’s, change orders, correspondence, etc.
- Manage and maintain all plan associated files, changes, correspondence for meetings
- Verify correct drawings are distributed to field.
- Escalate critical and/or sensitive issues to the Project Manager with recommendation for resolution.
- Collaborate with the whole project team, contributing to the entire project lifecycle
- Coordinate efforts within the team and with outside architects and/or builders efficiently
- Follow job close-out procedures including archiving project plans and file
- The comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position may be in excess of what is listed herein. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- This position requires visual acuity and listening ability. Individuals must have the dexterity to be able to operate office and field equipment such as computer, printer, fax, copier, telephone, voice mail system, and other office and field equipment.